Join Us | Renew | Contact
With strategic leadership, develop, implement and administer the job classification and compensation programs for staff employees across the National University System (NUS). Provide integrated advice, leadership and collaboration to Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP) and HR leadership on a wide-range of compensation-related issues. Sustain and ensure consistent program application including base pay, merit and incentive programs. Recommend and propose updates and changes to current programs with attention to internal and external equity. Ensure the compensation program and processes follow federal and state laws.
· Collaborates with HRBP and HR leaders on a variety of projects, including compensation program design, job analysis, job description evaluations, budgeting and implementation of new programs. Provides analytical and data management collaboration in support of ongoing compensation initiatives.
· Partners with HRBP and leaders to provide consultation on strategic compensation management, organization and job design supporting Business Unit goals, objectives and initiatives.
· Manages the annual merit compensation planning process including planning, salary range review, developing appropriate processes and workflows, pay equity studies and related compensation projects.
· Teams-up with Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) and Human Resources Information System (HRIS) software application University staff to ensure compensation needs and updated changes reflect in salary structures.
· Ensures HRIS data integrity by performing routine audits to benefits, job and position data. Communicates and corrects data discrepancies as necessary.
· Conducts and researches market data to evaluate the market value of jobs within the organization. Makes recommendations on appropriate pay grade level.
· Maintains pay structure, pay grade and pay guidelines.
· Evaluates and determines Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) status and sustains appropriate documentation regarding analysis. Reviews job classification and reclassification requests, provides quality control to the job classification process for both existing and newly created positions.
· Participates, prepares and submits data to annual compensation surveys.
· Ensures compliance with the Federal, State and local regulatory requirements.
· Maintains and update database of all job descriptions according to standard functional areas.
· Designs, develops and maintains interactive dashboards for Human Resources metrics. Supports the preparation of effective and high-quality presentations to clearly communicate findings, insights and recommendations related to Human Resources data.
· Develops and documents processes and/or procedures for continuous improvement and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Mathematics or related field.
· Three to five years of compensation relevant work experience.
· Three to five years of experience in analyzing, designing and/or administering compensation programs.
· Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Solid working knowledge of compensation policies, procedures and best practices.
· Solid knowledge of Federal, State and local employment laws as it relates to compensation programs,. Ability to conduct research, analyze information & data and present conclusions in a concise format.
· Solid knowledge of general Human Resources policies and practices preferred.
· Ability to participate as an active team member of the Business Unit, Department and University to work toward a common goal.
· Strong ability to actively seek opportunities to consult, influence, build and sustain successful relationships and gain alignment with peers, functional partners and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives.
· Accepts personal accountability, proactively seeks resolution for personal limitations head-on; and supports honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
· Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs and processes. Ability to generate and/or recognize imaginative or creative solutions that generate successful outcomes.
· Ability to actively listen to customers’ circumstances, issues, expectations and need using patience, attentiveness and positivity, as well as, attention to details.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software related to Human Resources Information Systems HRIS) such as PeopleSoft and/or Oracle and familiarity with Adobe Acrobat Professional,
· Strong analytical, critical thinking, mathematical, independent thinker, planning and organizational skills, customer service, attention to detail solid follow-up and follow-through.
· Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to appropriately communicate with a wide range of individual of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including translating technical language to a non-technical nature.
· Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
The National University System is committed to maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. As a network of nonprofit educational institutions, the System employs more than 3,300 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive academic and work environment that allows for students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs available both online and at our many campus locations, the National University System is a leader in creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population, including adult learners and working professionals.
The National University System offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salaries, and an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. The System does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by state of federal laws.
Please apply at: